Saturday, January 5, 2008

Rip It! Rip It Good! duh na na na na

Well, yesterday at the airport on the way home, I decided to work again on the Secret Of The Stole - II Swatch.  I pulled out my yarn, noticed I had completed a row and went to check the pattern. 

Uh oh... I only marked half of a row (Row 7) and didn't note if I did the K5, P35, K5 row.  So I foolishly didn't count my stitches to make sure I was good, and started a K5, P35, K5 row, then started on Pattern row 9.

(If you are curious about that which I write and want to see the swatch pattern PLEASE feel free to visit the Secret Of The Stole - II site, sign-up, and download the instructions).

When I got to the end of Row 9, I had about 4 or 5 more Knit stitches to do... Ugh.... And I was only at 44 stitches.  So I started ripping it back a row.  Got that done and counted.

40 stitches... HOW in the heck did I do that???  Oh well.  It was too late to call Mom, and I didn't have any free wireless Internet at the Las Vegas airport to check on things.  So I ripped the swatch completely out, wrapped it around my small ball of yarn and put everything back in my Dell Knitting Bag (actually an old laptop bag that expands, but it's black and looks like a manly bag).

After 4 hours of sleep (got to bed at 3:30 AM after our redeye flights), 4 hours of Dance Rehearsal for my daughter, errands, lunch, and 4 hours of nap (We were really tired) I got a hold of Mom.  Man, Mom sure has all the answers to my knitting woes.

"Did you hold on to your yarnovers?" she asks.

I'm such a n00b knitter.

Here I write, "Confessions of a n00b knitter", tunes of Devo's "Whip It" going through my head as "Rip It! Rip It Good! duh na na na na".

Nite All.

P.S. - For Your Listening and Viewing Pleasure, We Present "Whip It" by Devo courtesy of YouTube.com  NSFW (Not Safe For Work)

2 comments:

Miss Eliza Sea said...

Hey! It's Miss Eliza Sea from Wingin' It! Someone was talking over me, or I got distracted by the shiny on Mike's wall, or something, else I would have told you to add me on Ravelry! I'm elizasea so I look forward to seeing your Ravelry goodness soon!

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

You aren't the only one who screwed up on the swatch by doing the same! LOL I'm stuck on hint 1 rows 19 and 21. I keep coming up short and dreading the total frog!! Luckily my life lines are keeping me here.